Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Clay Aiken To Appear on '30 Rock'

It's a Girl!

Stork Interrupts Blog Routine

What a morning! In the midst of gathering information about Clay Aiken's 5/14 appearance on the star-studded 30 Rock finale and a post David Foster & Friends concert interview, I became a grandmother again!

The fact that all I know came from three men gathered in the hospital waiting room 1,300 miles away -- grandfather, cousin, and best friend -- explains why details are very sketchy.

According to the "sources," our new granddaughter was born mid-morning Wednesday; is healthy; has red hair and the requisite number of fingers and toes; weighs "6 lbs.-ish"; and sports four names like her brother. The new mother was still in the delivery room, so I left a message on her cell phone she will hear later.

Big brother was not too pleased having his morning schedule interrupted, although I understand he really enjoyed playing with the elevator buttons. I have a feeling life as he has known it just changed forever.

I'm off to spread the news to the Carolina relatives and teach five music lessons. A dress rehearsal Thursday for Sunday's spring recital round out this special calendar week.

Have an awesome weekend, Clay Nation!

Caro

P.S. Below are the links for the Clay Aiken blog I was preparing when grandmotherhood took over. Enjoy!


Screen cap by Gerwhisp

30 Rock's 'Kidney Now' Finale: Preview of of NBC's 30 Rock with regulars Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin joined by guest stars Clay Aiken, Sheryl Crow, Mary J. Blige, Elvis Costello, and Adam Levine of Maroon 5. The final episode airs at 9:30 p.m. ET Thursday on NBC.

ETonline Interview Features Foster & Friends: Donny Osmond interviews several participants from the David Foster & Friends Concert. The ETonline video begins with Cher and ends with Clay talking about the show, his son, and the courageous Farrah Fawcett.

TECHNORATI TAGS: , , , , , , ,

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new baby! Love that Clay Aiken guy!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new granddaughter! Thankds for the Clay Aiken info!

SueReu said...

CONGRATS GRANDMA CARO!!!!!!

Love that Clay Aiken eye roll too. I could watch it ALL DAY *hee hee*!!!

fgs said...

Happy that your new little granddaughter has safely arrived! Congratulations, I understand that the Clay Aiken blog has to wait! Thanks for the links.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Grandma!!!

Now you have one of each, and Sir Kai's life is about to get a lot more interesting!

Ashes said...

CONGRATULATIONS Grandma Caro!! A beautiful baby girl to join big brother Kai :)

All the best to the new Mom!

Hugs, Ashes

ImGranny said...

Congratulations on the new baby girl!

Thanks for the Clay Aiken info. Can't wait for 30 Rock!!!!!!!!!!

musicfan said...

Congrats!! Being a Grandma is the best thing in the world!!!

AND, I love that you finished you blog about Clay!!

Thank you for all the wonderful news!!!

CLM said...

Congrats Caro!!! I love your blogs, babies and Clay Aiken. Give us the details when you find them out.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS Grandma Caro, a new Granddaughter to join your adorable Grandson Kia. What an exciting day for you and your family.

Send my Best Wishes to your the new Mom.

Hugs,
Marlyne

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO

Congratulations on your new baby granddaughter with 4 names.

Kai and Mai. Heeee.

((HUGS))

Kathy/Aspiegirl

jbc4clay said...

Congrats on the your new granddaughter!

barb 55 said...

Caro, CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your granddaughter! You must be on cloud 9! I'm so happy for you! WOOHOO!

I enjoyed watching the preview of 30 Rock and ET online! Thanks for posting the links!

Love and Hugs,

Barbara

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new granddaughter! I'm sure she's beautiful. Kai will make a wonderful big brother. Best wishes to all of you!

Anonymous said...

So HAPPY for U and Yours Caro!!Nice U have a new g.baby!!:)
Your blogs are always FUN! A Clay music fan,Donna in Wi.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new granddaughter!

Can't wait to see Clay on 30 Rock.

Hugs,
Madaelynn

Allegra said...

Congratulations on your new grandbaby!

katy said...

Congratulations on the birth of your new granddaughter. I love that Clay Aiken eyeroll.

Anonymous said...

Caro, congrats on another grandchild. So fun! Thanks for the Clay Aiken info, too.

Anonymous said...

Happy to see the birth of your new gd. Also anxious to see Clay Aiken on 30 Rock.

gerra said...

Congratulations on your new grandbaby!

Tonights the night! Clay Aiken on my tv. I can't wait to see this show.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Caro!! And thanks for the reminder,as if I needed one :), I can't wait to watch Clay Aiken on 30Rock tonight!
EEEEEEEEEE

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and thanks for the Clay Aiken blog!

LovesClaysVoice said...

Congratulations Caro on your new granddaughter! I bet you can't wait to see her! I can't wait to see Clay tonight on 30 Rock! He's going to be great!

copingincalifornia said...

CONGRATS CARO and LOVE the Clay Aiken eye roll!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the cute clip of Clay Aiken! It's very exciting to think of seeing him on 30 Rock tonight! Looks like a great show.

And congratulations on your precious new grandchild!

I love all the information that you always have on this blog.

SueReu said...

Okay, I'm rolling my eyes too (just like Clay Aiken) I NEED to see a picture of that new baby!!!!

Can't wait for 30 Rock tonight!!! Clay Aiken & Elvis Costello on my TV screen - be still my heart!

T said...

So happy with the new addition to your family. Congratulations! Best wishes to you and your daughter. I could just see Kai. He is going to take good care of his little sister.

Thanks also for the Clay updates. Have been so busy and this is where I gather all the latest news about him.

Cheers Grandma Caro! More power to you!