Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Clay Aiken CD Set for June 1 Drop


MAGIC MOMENTS - In addition to the cover of Tried & True, AmazingCA's graphic recalls memorable events of singer Clay Aiken's career.

AI Appearance Just a Rumor

Aiken's CD Release Days Away

With less than a week remaining before Clay Aiken's Tried & True album drops on June 1, fans are putting finishing touches on CD release parties and online listening gatherings while staying abreast of the latest reviews, appearances, and spin surrounding the singer's new music.

Longer previews of T&T tracks went live at Decca Records Tuesday, and this computer joined many throughout Clay Cyberspace in playing them non-stop.

Clay is a confirmed guest for Good Mornng America and The Joy Behar Show on June 1 and The View the following morning. Check local listings for air times.


Clay's arrival at LAX sends speculation over the top.

Hints, Tweets Spell AI9 Surprise

Clay Aiken arrived at LAX Monday, setting off all kinds of speculation RE a possible appearance during American Idol's finale and causing "Idol Found, Game Over" fans to program taping devices.

For most fans, the fact that Quiana Parler is in California with Clay and Ruben tweeted that he was flying off to "visit some family" completes the puzzle.

During Tuesday's sing-off between Season 9's top two contestants, host Ryan Seacrest promised lots of surprises for the two-hour finale Wednesday.

Now, the morning after, fans know there was nothing Clay-like about the American Idol finale.

A Lad in Plaid

Clay Aiken arrives at LAX airport on Monday (May 24) in Los Angeles.

The 31-year-old singer is gearing up for the release of his new album, Tried and True, on June 1! Clay and Ruben Studdard will also be hitting the road this July for a summer tour featuring classic songs!

Read more and view additional pictures of Clay and Quiana in Santa Monica at Just Jared, Pacific Coast News Online, and People StarTracks.

Idol Jumps the Shark

In Season 9: Idol Jumps the Shark, Michael Glitz of The Huffington Post provides a blow by blow of this year's results and performance shows:

One of the strengths of Idol is that you don't need to win in order to launch a career -- see Jennifer Hudson, Clay Aiken, Daughtry and many others. [snip]

But Crystal is gonna pull a Clay Aiken on him and deliver the goods. They can both flourish in their careers but there can be only one American Idol and to everyone's surprise, it was Lee.


AI2 Maintains Ratings Crown

When AI Finale ratings are compared, Season 2 is "still the one":

AI09/2010: 24.2 M (overnights; final tally due soon)
AI08/2009: 28.8 M
AI07/2008: 31.7 M
AI06/2007: 30.7 M
AI05/2006: 36.4 M
AI04/2005: 30.3 M
AI03/2004: 28 M
AI02/2003: 38.1 M
AI01/2002: 22.5 M

PHOTO INTERLUDE: Below are clickables of graphics by AmazingCA, 1 and 3, and Fountaindawg, 2.





The Examiner Rates 'T&T' 8.7/10

Monday's Examiner spotlighted several artists with LP's dropping on June 1, all of which can be read at this Sneak REVIEW link:

Clay Aiken Tried & True (Decca)

This is Clay's fifth studio album, and it features classic songs from '50s and '60s. The American Idol Season 2 runner-up does have a great ear for good melodic songs.

To wit, Tried & True cuts like "Can’t Take My Eyes Off You," "Moon River," "Crying," Herman's Hermits' much-under-appreciated "There's a Kind of Hush," "Suspicious Minds" and "Misty."

Aiken also includes two songs he made his signatures on Idol: "Unchained Melody" and "Mack the Knife," which are the perfect vehicles for his soaring vocals. Congrats, Clay Nation, your idol will be out on the road with Ruben Stoddard this summer.

IN OTHER WORDS: Love his style or not, Clay's a great vocalist, and these terrific selections are right up his alley.

Sneak REVIEWs ANTICIPATION RATING: 8.7/10

Add to this the Billboard review in the previous Carolina entry and T&T is deservedly receiving music industry approval.

MARK YOUR CALENDAR

May 26: American Idol Finale (LOL, so much for rumors!)
June 1: Tried & True CD drops
June 1: Good Morning America (7 a.m. ET, ABC)
June 1: The Joy Behar Show (9 pm ET, CNN Headline News)
June 2: The View (11 a.m. ET, ABC)
June 12: Chicago preview of Clay Aiken - Tried & True: LIVE! (WTTW11, 7 p.m. CDT)
July 23-Aug 14: Timeless Tour

Spring Recital "clack" is gradually coming together, so look for a recap in the next blog. Below is a photo of Chase, a cool-headed first-year pianist of 8. Special thnx to Sally for assisting with the edit.

Chase's final spring lesson Tuesday followed a class picnic, and Sunday's suave, polished performer was completely hidden beneath a full palette of face paint.


Clickable of Chase

Have a wonderful week, Clay Nation!

Caro

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Caro,
I'm loving June a LOT :) With so many performances lined up, woohoo, the Claynation is not going to have much sleep now ;) Thank you so much for everything that you have done for us.

Hugs,
Sally

Stephanie said...

I'll be setting my DVR. It'll be great to see and hear from him again. Less than a week til CD time- I have new batteries for my Bose CD player's remote, so I'm ready to listen! :D Have a great day, Caro! :)

LovesClaysVoice said...

We're almost there Caro!!! I can't wait!!! Cute pic of Clay!!!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Caro,

Oh My Gosh.....I AM SO EXCITED!!!! It's almost June, I can't believe it!

How awesome will it be IF Clay and Ruben are on American Idol tonight, I can't wait! I'm a Crystal fan, although I like Lee also, they are both good. Plus they seem to be good careing people.

Have a great day....

Hugs,
Marlyne

Anonymous said...

I wouldnt watch AI for anything.....except Clay. I am hoping that if he is on tonite, they will give him his due and not just put him in a chorus line. I am so excited about June too! Tried and True is going to be fabulous to listen to for the first time for me.

katy said...

I hope we see Clay somewhere on tv tonight. If not, something is wrong.

Cindy said...

I'm trying to figure out what the AI 'signs' are besides the fact that he's in California. I agree Quiana being there lends hope to a performance of some sort, but I gave up on counting AI chickens a while ago. LOL! Would love to be wrong!

Either way, I can't wait for next Tuesday and some Clay Aiken magic. Great blog, Caro.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, and hope Clay gets all the best media he deserves for all his hard work. I am anxious for the cd. Thanks for everything U do. And love the recital news. Bet U had a awesome time! Donnain Wi.

Anonymous said...

Rest assured AI will not let Simon go without a performance by Clay.I think the chances are about 99% good that he will be on tonite.

fgs said...

I happen to like the "lad in plaid". AI was a mess last night. The new idol was almost an anti-climax and the show spend most of their time catering to Simon.

katy said...

June is busting out all over with Clay Aiken!!

anaturegirl said...

It is almost June 1st and then Clay Aiken will be all over the place. Can't wait to get my hands on T&T, TV appearances, PBS Special and the Timeless Tour. This summer is going to rock!!!!

chel4clay said...

June is knocking on our door and I can't wait to get this CD in my hot little hand or should I say in my CD player. Loved the pictures and thanks for putting up the stats for all the AI seasons. We're still #1.

barb 55 said...

Hi, Caro! Wonderful blog!

Glad to hear about Clay's TV appearances. I'm sure the Claynation is anxiously waiting for everything to begin. I'm looking forward to next Tuesday!

I was so hoping Clay had been on AI last night. When I saw the previous winners come out on stage with past contestants, I was scanning the group to see if Clay was there. I thought he would be, since it was Simon's last show. Oh well, it sure would have been a nice surprise and great promotion for his new CD.

Take care and have great weekend!

Love and hugs,
Barbara

tree ~ said...

I flove those graphics! Especially the first one by AmazingCA. Kudos to both her and Fountaindawg!
I also happen to love and be in love with that "Lad in Plaid" and his amazing smile <3
I'm really looking forward to next week and seeing Clay Aiken on my teevee!!

ImGranny said...

Thank you for another GREAT Clay Aiken blog! It's almost June! I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

EEEEEEEEEE. Clay is going to be on our TV soon. Thanks for keeping me up to date even when I am behind on blogs. :)

Awww. Your student Chase is adorable.

((HUGS)) Kathy/Aspiegirl