Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Aiken, Fans Anticipate 'Spamalot'


GREENER GRASS IN SEPTEMBER -- Clay Aiken set to reprise Sir Robin in Broadway's "Spamalot." Graphic by cindilu2, photo by Joan Marcus.

Counting Down to 9/19!

SPAMTASTIC Reprise Nears

Since leaving Spamlot in May, jokes have just not been funny. Food has lost its taste. The grass is no longer green -- the sky no longer blue. And babies WON’T stop crying!! I’m so excited about coming back to the funniest show in the world! -- Clay Aiken

Fans are not alone in enthusiastically counting down to Clay Aiken's return to Spamalot on Broadway. Sir Robin is, too!

Most
articles about the entertainer's highly anticipated reprise of the Sir Robin role in Monty Python's Spamalot quote the above paragraph. "Crying babies" references his newest real life role as father to Parker Foster Aiken, born on August 8.

CA fans have kept the Spamalot ticket line busy securing seats for the singer's second Broadway run Sept. 19 - Jan. 4. For a sneak preview/review, here is Yollie950's montage
Clay Aiken - Spamalot Scrapbook:



Clay Aiken - Spamalot Scrapbook

The excitement is evident in comments accompanying LALATE's article about Clay's Spamalot reprise:

What a hilarious quote! I am happy he coming back to play Sir Robin!

I missed it the first time around and cannot wait to get my tickets for this run! Everyone who saw the show and all the criticls loved Clay in Spamalot!

OMG, I've got to get some tickets for this. Heard he was hilarious in it!

PHOTO INTERLUDE: Reflecting the excitement among fans, this clickable interlude recalls scenes from Clay's Jan. 19 - May 4 Spamalot run. Featured graphics include Cindilu2, 1; Amazing_CA, 2 and 3, photo by Toni7babe.





According to Broadway.com, other Spamalot cast members will include Tom Deckman (Historian/Prince Herbert), Rick Holmes (Sir Lancelot), Steve Rosen (Sir Bedevere), and Bradley Dean (Sir Dennis).

New and returning cast members include Merley Dandridge (Lady of the Lake), 9/2; David Hibbard (Patsy), 9/16; and Michael Sidberry (King Arthur).

You can purchase tickets
here. In addition, Broadway Offers has announced a special ticket discount for performances through Nov. 14, excluding Saturday evenings. The discount code is SIRROBIN.

Sept. 19 too far away? Here's another sampler montage:
2008 Spamalot with Clay Teaser by Snowluv4.



2008 Spamalot with Clay Teaser

Below are clickables of cindilu2's SPAMTASTIC calendar for September, regular and widescreen:


Tick-tock, tick-tock ... Have a great week, Clay Nation!

Caro


TECHNORATI TAGS: , , , , , ,

33 comments:

BichonLover said...

Watching Clay Aiken in Spamalot is the funniest, most glorious time you could ever have on Broadway or anywhere else!!!! I can't wait to see him again!!!! Caro, thank you for this "teaser" montage with all the great clips -- it really whet my appetite to see Clay again in this amazing show!!!! Only 17 more days!!!!

SueReu said...

CANNOT WAIT FOR SPAMALOT!!!

Clay Aiken is WONDERFUL as Brave Brave Sir Robin.

Wish I was going again *sigh* but I will live it through nightly recaps.

Anonymous said...

I am so ready for Spam II. Even though I can't go back to NYC this time, I love all the reports and pictures. Clay Aiken fans know how to feed the rest of us who can't get to the MAN in person.

Anonymous said...

Loved the photo and video interlude depicting Clay Aiken's Spamalot experience.

~Shycon

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to be going to see Clay Aiken in Spamalot in a little over two weeks. Thanks for the marvelous vids and pics and articles all gathered together.

Ashes said...

A real fun blog, Caro. Spamalot is lucky Clay Aiken is on their stage. It shows from the wonderful reviews!
I'm looking forward to the super nightly recaps :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the videos and pictures. Clay is perfect as Sir Robin. Can't wait to see him on Broadway!

Anonymous said...

OK, you sold me. I'm going to NYC on business anyway. Might as well see the funniest show on Broadway.

Anonymous said...

Loved the Clay Aiken Spamalot montages. I hope everyone who didn't get to Spamalot the first time around will have an opportunity to go this time.

Anonymous said...

Spamalot is one of the best shows on Broadway and certainly the funniest! Clay Aiken's role has many fun parts which Clay does so well. I love his facial expressions in this show, he is very expressive. And he CAN dance!

Anonymous said...

Hope Clay Aiken does the stage door again, but if he continues to see the same faces at the front of the barricades he will probably back off the stage door appearances. Here's a tip--he would like to see some different people up front every night so all fans have a chance.

Pourri said...

God! He's gorgeous and so talented. Does anyone else hyperventilate when he slaps his behind?

Unknown said...

Clay Aiken is marvelous in Spamalot. He's the best Sir Robin I've ever seen.

Anonymous said...

Clay Aiken is excellent in his Spamalot roles! I wish I could go back!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy I got to see Spamalot last March. Wish I could go again, but not possible. I can't wait to hear details from people who are attending Clay Aiken's return to Broadway. How exciting!

Anonymous said...

Caro,
You are really building up the Spam excitement here huh? Oh...never mind, I'll just be contented with clacks and recaps from our beloved Claymates. Thanks for this fun and memorable blog.

Hugs,
Sally

Anonymous said...

This whole blog just makes me grin big!!! Can't wait for Clay to return to Broadway.

Chitter said...

I am going for Opening Weekend
and I am thrilled beyond - thrilled

You just took me over the top with those teasers.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Anonymous said...

I won't get to see him this time but I can not wait for the reports from you lucky ones who get to see Spam .

Anonymous said...

Fun blog about Spamalot!
I'm so happy for Clay that he's getting to do something that he loves, back with his Spam family.

I'm going to return as soon as I can to catch up on your blogs from this summer. They're always great!

Ashes said...

Love the montages! Makes me want to see Clay Aiken on that stage myself..if only ~sigh~

Hope there will be new promos for Spamalot :)

Great blog, thanks!

katy said...

How fun it will be to have Clay back in Spamalot. What a fun 4 months it will be.

Anonymous said...

Clay Aiken is so perfect in the role of Sir Robin in Spamalot! What a thrill that he's coming back to the show again! I hope we'll get lots of recaps and stage door pictures on the message boards, it'll be so much fun!

Anonymous said...

The opening Clay Aiken graphic is terrific, cindilu2 is so talented.

Medusa said...

Clay Aiken is wonderful in this role. I can't wait to see it again.

Unknown said...

Clay Aiken is so funny in the role of Sir Robin.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for Spamalot with Clay Aiken in it to start up again. It will be great hearing how he's doing.

jbc4clay said...

I know I won't get to go, but I will be there in spirit and follow along with the recaps from others!
Great, fun blog!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog, Carolina. I love the graphics of Clay Aiken in Spamalot. I'm going opening night! Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Counting down the seconds till Clay Aiken appears in Spamalot again!

Anonymous said...

I'll be there opening and closing weekends and points in between! Gotta see Clay Aiken as Sir Robin as often as I can!

~Shycon

Ashes said...

I always enjoy visiting your great blog for Clay Aiken.

Unknown said...

I saw Clay in "Spamalot" last February & again; he was fabulous!
I'm sorry I won't be able to see this run, but I'm sure your blogs will allow me to share in some of the fun.
Thanks for all the hard work!